- About OSLS
- theOSLS Forum
- Find a Surveyor
- Surveying FAQ
|Mission Statement & Objectives|
Recognizing that the true merit of a profession is determined by the value of its services to the society; THE OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF LAND SURVEYORS does hereby dedicate itself to the promotion and protection of the profession of land surveying as a social and economic influence vital to the welfare of its society, community and state.
(1) To promote the common good and welfare of its members and their activities in the profession of Land Surveying.
(2) To foster high standards of professional ethics and practice.
(3) To discourage unethical and illegal practices and professional abuses in Land Surveying.
(4) To promote public knowledge, faith, and reliance in the Registered Land Surveyors and their work.
(5) To advance the study of Land Surveying and the education of the Land Surveyors, their employees, and the future Land Surveyors.
(6) To aid and encourage the interest of the younger members, Students, and employees of the Registered Land Surveyors.
(7) To establish better relations between the Land Surveyors and the other professions interested in Land Surveying.
(8) To foster and support legislation generally beneficial to the professions and to the State of Oklahoma and to the General Public.
(9) To promote closer relations, understanding, and co-operation within the profession of Land Surveying.
(10) This Society in all its activities and in its membership shall be non-political, non-partisan, non-sectarian.