WELCOME TO THE OSLS ONLINE EDUCATION PORTAL
One of the objectives of The Oklahoma Society of Land Surveyors (OSLS) is to to advance the study of Land Surveying and the education of the Land Surveyors, their employees, and future Land Surveyors. To that end, OSLS is pleased to provide this online continuing education portal. This opportunity has been created in a partnership with GeoLearn a leading online education company specializing in high quality content that is delivered through video lectures.
Following is a list of the courses that are available: (All courses are 1 PDH)
- Minimum Standards for Land Surveying in Oklahoma
- Minimum Standards for Topographic and Planimetric Mapping *NEW*
- Corner Perpetuation and Filing Act
- Oklahoma State Board Rules & Regualtions (to be released in 2021)
- NGS Datasheet Tips
- Mapping the Floodplain: Why and How, From Past to Future
- Missouri DOT Real Time Network (RTN)
- Tripod Leveling and Centering
- What's Changed in the 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards?
- Writing: Making Your Pen (or Keyboard) as Mighty as Your Machete
The OSLS online portal gives you access to quality education, that is reviewed and approved for PDH credit by Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, a highly reputed geospatial and geomatics program.
- From time to time there will be some free courses available in the portal. You can also view a free preview of any course before you make the purchase decision.
- All you need to get started is register as a user with a sign-up process. THE PORTAL USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS NOT THE SAME AS THE LOGIN FOR THE OSLS WEBSITE
- Courses that carry continuing education credit have the option of a final exam at the end. It is your choice. Many states now require some sort of confirmation for continuing education credits required. So be aware of your licensing board’s requirements as they apply to online continuing education. Also remember that the amount of the online education you can take to fulfill minimum continuing education standards may be limited in some states.
Click Here to Enter the Online Education Portal
When you complete a course through the portal, you have the option to “Self-Verify” or “Take Exam.” Self-Verify concludes your course and an email is sent to you immediately with a PDF of your certificate. If you choose the exam, you will be given three attempts to pass the exam with a 70% score. The exam is typically between 10 to 20 questions long. When you successfully pass, your certificate will indicate that you took the exam and your score.
Please contact us at email@example.com with comments or questions.