Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Boundary Surveying
Moderator(s): Burk Cornelius
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
BLM admits potential Gradient Boundary error 0 M. Ray This is an issue of unsurveyed lands, wherein title would be retained by the United States. This had set the stage for a huge legal fight between the DOI and one Texas landowner, in particular. There were even some rumors of an effort to physically prevent the US taking on the scope and scale of the Bundy Ranch fiasco in NV. It essentially comes down to a question of whether or not the BLM properly applied the principles of accretion, erosion, etc. to the boundaries being surveyed. It was apparent to most outside of the BLM, and familiar with the case and BLM's procedures, that they had not. They had, on the face of things, simply followed the BLM procedures blindly without taking into consideration these long established principles of boundary determination. This should make an interesting case to follow, once determinations have been made on the validity of the boundaries established by these surveys. Click here for a link to the full article
by M. Ray
Monday, April 10, 2017
Original Buildings or Irons? 3 J. Libby I have had this situation before, in the small town where my dad had his business and I started my career.  All the old evidence we found indicated that the old buildings were built within a tenth of the original locations of the lot lines. 
by S. Johnson
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Title 21-1774 2 L. Schroeder In my opinion, even though the monuments were "his" in the fact that they marked his boundary and he paid for the survey that produced them, they also belong to the adjoiner and the public in general to control local conditions.  His removal of the monuments appears "malicious" to me when he set T-posts 30' onto the adjoiner.        Steven M. Morren, PLS 
by S. Morren
Monday, August 12, 2013

S u s t a i n i n g M e m b e r s

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal