Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Certified Corner Record Form sketch
Moderator(s): Burk Cornelius
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/6/2016 at 8:36:12 PM GMT
Certified Corner Record Form sketch

What makes a good (or not so good) sketch on a Certified Corner Record? The Instruction Manual for the Certified Corner Record form only states the following:

9. Sketch
• Make a neat sketch showing the relative positions of the monument and reference points.
• Give dimensions, with topographic features, names and widths of streets (if known)
• North arrow
• Show location of monuments at this corner which conflict with your position. Note if they are shown on previously filed Certified Corner Records.
• To the extent possible, show the location of the supporting evidence in the sketch

Should they be drawn to scale?

Should distances be horizontal or slope?

Should distances to the nearest GLO corners also be shown?

Burk Cornelius, PLS
Executive Director
Oklahoma Society of Land Surveyors

Last edited Wednesday, January 6, 2016
1/6/2016 at 11:56:58 PM GMT
Should they be drawn to scale? Not in my opinion.

Should distances be horizontal or slope? Horizontal

Should distances to the nearest GLO corners also be shown? Can't hurt, but not necessary if coordinates are shown on other GLO corners

Last edited Thursday, January 7, 2016
1/29/2016 at 9:17:31 PM GMT
Drawn to scale? Not in the space provided! I don't see any need for drawing to scale.

Distances? Considering how many references are in trees with branches or which may be leaning... there are many times when a slope distance is the only measurement you can make. And, in my experience, the measurement that usually matches in the field.

I agree, distances to nearest GLO corners can't hurt. And can help when trying to clear up confusion if multiple monuments exist. I hesitate to say they should be shown.

2/1/2017 at 7:26:50 PM GMT
I personally like to show both near ties and PLSS corner ties, if I have them. The more the merrier.

Stop Repeat Offenders!!! Quit Re-Electing Them!!!

S u s t a i n i n g M e m b e r s

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal